The CMD 2016 took place in London on 17 November. During the day, we discussed strategy and performance, and presented two of our growth businesses - biomaterials and wood products.Presentations
1. Solid performance, accelerated transformation – CEO Karl-Henrik Sundström
2. Biomaterials - differentiating and creating new platforms for profitable growth – Juan Carlos Bueno, EVP, Biomaterials
3. Wood Products - Accelerating growth – Jari Suominen, EVP, Wood Products
4. It is all about performance – CFO Seppo Parvi
5. Closing comments – CEO Karl-Henrik SundströmShort summary of the day
Majority of our portfolio is aimed at growth, and the sales of our growth businesses – Consumer Board, Packaging Solutions, Biomaterials and Wood Products – are increasing steadily. For our Paper division, the strategy is maximum cash generation, and currently it is well above the long term target. All divisions contribute to the cash flow, which supports our transformation into a renewable materials company. Our balance sheet is strong and we have been able to pay stable dividends also during our transformation period.
The Capital Markets Day 2016 concentrated on two of our growth businesses. Our Biomaterials division focuses on strengthening its current pulp business. Demand for pulp keeps growing, especially in the segments selected in Stora Enso strategy. Stora Enso is also creating new platforms for growth with investments in extraction and separation technologies for wood fibres. For instance lignin as phenol replacement offers us big potential with attractive margins.
Our Wood Products division has transformed from a classic sawn producer into a leading provider of innovative wood-based solutions. As a leader in wooden building components and systems, we are in a good position to drive growth.Please watch the webcast recording to learn more