Do you want to know more about Stora Enso?
Effective risk management is a competitive necessity and an integral part of value creation, therefore Stora Enso’s risk management process is closely aligned with the group’s strategy. We are committed to ensure that the holistic, systematic and proactive management of risks and opportunities forms an integral part of our business performance management together with carefully designed mitigation actions.
Consideration is given to strategic and operational risks, as well as risks related to compliance, financial markets and reporting, also including issues related to sustainability and the group’s reputation. Once identified, risks are duly analysed and evaluated to establish their financial and non-financial impacts, the likelihood of their occurrence, and their root causes.
In 2022, Stora Enso defined the following as its main risks:
1. Macroeconomy, geopolitics, and currency rates
2. Competition and market demand
4. Regulatory changes
5. Climate change - physical impacts
6. People and capabilities
7. Personal safety – employees and wider workforce
8. Physical assets
9. Product safety and compliance
10. Information technology, security, and digitalisation
11. Strategic investments
12. Mergers, acquisitions, and divestments
13. Ethics and compliance
For more information about risk management in Stora Enso, please see our Annual and Interim Reports.